The History of the property
The history of the site dates back to 1918 with the establishment of the Maritime Aviation Training Centre of the French Navy. The base of the historic hydravions.
From 1950 to the year 2000 the base served as a Maritime Training Centre, accommodating up to 1800 marine apprentices and 600 permanent staff.
The base was an important economical factor for the region and many people have good memories of their stay here during their military service until it was closed in the year 2000.